Monday, February 21, 2011

Best Daddy

We were eating breakfast the other day. The conversation went like this:

Me (talking to kids): Hey, you know what? Your daddy is the greatest daddy.
Cobb: NO. He's not. God is the greatest daddy.

Thank you Cobb for reminding us as a family to look to the Lord as our perfect Daddy who loves us, and calls us HIS! I love to tell our kids that they are mine, that they belong to me, and that they are precious in my sight. But how much more important that our creator says, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1a He calls us Precious, Honored in His sight, and He loves us (Isaiah 43:4). He rejoices over us with singing! (Zephaniah 3:17). And even though we think our daddy Rob is the best daddy ever, he is nothing compared to our perfect Father in heaven. May we rest in His peace, faithfulness, and perfect love.

No comments: