Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My Little Commentator

Well, we made it to 6. . . I mean Cobb did. I started hearing Charly moving around at 5:45, but she hasn't come down yet. Ridge woke at 5. I let him do his little moaning thing til it almost broke into a full throttle cry. I grabbed him in just in time to hopefully not wake the others.

I think I might just have the loudest two year old known to man. His voice is always at full throttle, and he's ALWAYS talking. Our conversation this morning went something like this:

Starting when I walk into the room, the crying stops and. . .
R: hi mommy
Me: Hi Ridge
R: I go dow stay. I go dow stay. nee food. I hungy.
Me: ok (having to interrupt him)
R: I foss min whea. I gap nut.
Me: you want cereal. which one, frosted mini wheats or grape nuts?
R: I foss min whea. I papet milk. I see light keen! I see light keen! (pointing to his lightening mcqueen car)

He continues talking as I fix him chocolate milk and cereal. Keep in mind that it's only 5:15 a.m. and his voice is at FULL throttle the whole time breaking through the silent morning. After I give him his stuff, I move on to pour myself some coffee. . .

R: Mommy, coffee?
I nod

R: me papet milk. see? see foss min whea? Wan some foss min whea mommy? see keen?? voom voom! see keen? uh oh. Keen pill. Keen pill my foss min whea!

Yes, Lightening McQueen had bumped into his cereal and spilled it. His commentary went on and on. My little talker. Gotta love him even in the wee hours. . .

oops gotta go. the water is running, and I just heard Cobb shout, "No Charly, no!" Trouble. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazed that you are blogging that early in the morning. Hope the kiddos start sleeping later. I don't know what to tell you. What have you all tried to get them to sleep later?

Beck said...

(laughing) You do great Ridge impersonations. My favorite posts always include conversations with Ridge...