Monday, March 16, 2009

Two Year Old Reprimand

I am in the kitchen cooking. All seems peaceful. The three kids are playing in the office. I look over & Ridge seems to be doing something suspicious. So naturally I walk over and open the door to the office. The big kids are sitting at the table coloring (such angel children!), but the littlest monster runs & hides.

Me: Ridge, what are you doing squirt??
From behind the desk, he looks at me with sheepish eyes and a cock of his head.
Me: Ridge. (pause for effect ) What are you doing? (I tried my best to be stern despite his fervent effort to look innocent).
Ridge: What you doing cutie? (emphasis on "cutie")

I never found out what he was doing because I was laughing too hard. Is this the way it's going to be with him? Probably so.

No comments: