Friday, March 06, 2009

Weekend in Houston

I've been slacking on pictures, so this post has quite a few. Rob had a business trip to Nashville so last Thursday, the kids & I headed down to Houston to visit my parents. The drive wasn't too bad. We stopped at Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana for an early lunch.

Then shortly after the kids fell asleep.

Yeah for mommy!

Charly loved playing with my old horses. I loved those things!

and the kids loved reading with my mom and dad. . .


As an added bonus, my sister Marlo dropped her boys, Jameson & Abran, off with my parents for the weekend so all the cousins got to play together. Marlo & Alex went to Austin to celebrate their anniversary. I think my mom was in heaven having all her grandchildren under one roof.

We walked to several different parks with the babies riding in the stroller. . .

And the big kids holding hands. . .

Charly played a lot with Mimi


And the boys enjoyed each other. . .





Ridge found Mimi's camera.


We ate lots of meals together. . .



We went to the Wabash Feed Store (my mom's favorite store):

We had baths. . .


And movie night. . .

And LOTS of smiles:


On the return home, poor Cobb cried for at least an hour because he missed his cousin Abran. Even though I told him we could see Abran again soon, he kept sobbing because he had so much fun while in Houston. Sweet boy. He cheered up after we stopped at Woody's in Centerville for lunch. The BBQ is so good there!

The ride home wasn't as easy as the ride there, but it wasn't bad. We watched a movie and sang songs. We were glad to get home & see daddy.

No comments: