Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sleep

Why is it that the one morning I have to be out the door by 7:45, my kids decide to sleep past 6? Yes, they are STILL sleeping. I'm absolutely amazed. It's 7:15, and I'm going to actually wake them up. Don't get me wrong, I've been grateful for the extra time this a.m. I'm just shocked.

For those of you who don't know, my daughter usually gets up between 5 and 5:30. She' s been encouraged strongly to NOT come downstairs before the sun wakes up. However, she will usually make her way down at 6 saying that the sun is "almost" up or "Cobb is up" or "Ridge is up." There's no sending anyone back to bed when two or more have opened their eyes for the day.

1 comment:

The B4 said...

a little tip if you want to encourage them to stay in their room or sleep in more...we bought a lamp timer at home depot. it attaches to the outlet for your lamp, and you can set the time it comes on. we had lots of trouble with zach getting up all night and not staying in bed--the lamp coming on is his signal that he can get up and come out.

and i don't know what you'll think about this....but we actually had to separate him and luke b/c zach was getting up so much. silent return to sleep didn't work, so we put them in separate rooms and lock zach in his room @ night. the pedi kept suggesting it, and we finally gave it a try, and it's been wonderful!!!! he sleeps all night and doesn't get up--AND he doesn't get up and come out before 7am b/c he has to wait for his lamp light to come on.