Sunday, July 20, 2008

God works in the little things

Rob is singing this morning at church. I always love to hear him sing and watch him worship from the stage as I worship from the congregation. I hate to miss it, but this morning I had the opportunity to stay home and rest thanks to Nana & Pops offer to care for the kiddos. It's been a good morning of reflection for me and time of thanksgiving for all the Lord has provided in the past month and a half.

This morning I listened to Blake Holmes's sermon from last Sunday (Rob & I had missed due to our little get away). I encourage you to listen/watch if you haven't heard it already. (click here and go to the series called "The Story of Ruth," and listen to the second sermon in the series called "Under The Lord's Wing.")

The thing that stuck out to me the most was when he said, "The Lord works through the seemingly ordinary moments of our day." Often times we wait for a miracle or something amazing to give God credit, forgetting that there are no "lucky moments" or coincidences. Every good thing comes from God even for those who don't believe. It's our choice to open our eyes and see God working, and when we do it is a huge blessing. Thanks friends & family for allowing God to work through you, for being His hands and feet, and for loving us as He does.

1 comment:

Beck said...

I have loved this sermon series and have been thinking about the trials and storms that come for all of us. Larry Crabb wrote a great book based on Ruth called, "Shattered Dreams" and speaks on how God uses the worst to bring about His best. And I pray this for you today, Haley. And I love you!